- This event has passed.
4 Hour EPA-RRP Lead Refresher Training (10:00 – 2:00)
December 8th, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$125
Before you register…….. Important information from EPA:
Your initial RRP certification is valid for 5 years, though certain individuals were granted an extension (see below). Students who allow their certification to expire, by even a day, are not eligible for the refresher class.
In April of 2015 EPA announced the extension of RRP certification for certain Individual Renovators. An excerpt from the EPA’s announcement is below:
Under this final rule,
- Individual renovators who received certification on or before March 31, 2010, now have until March 31, 2016, to get recertified.
- Individual renovators who received certification between April 1, 2010 and March 31, 2011, will have one year added to their 5-year certification.
- Subsequent certifications for renovators receiving the extension will be five years.
These extensions apply only to individual renovator certification, not to firm certification. Also, these extensions only apply to renovators that fall under EPA’s renovation program and not to renovators under authorized state programs.
*We will need a copy of your prior training certificate (NOT firm certificate) before the start of the class (or you will not be eligible for a certificate):
Email a copy to email@example.com, or
Fax a copy to 203-498-1610
*Please provide Chem Scope, Inc. with a copy of your training certificate even if you took the initial class with Chem Scope, Inc.
- Cost: $125 per student.
- As of April 22, 2010, renovations conducted for compensation, must be performed by Certified Firms using Certified Renovators and lead safe work practices. Firms may begin applying for certification prior to taking the training. Accredited training is required for one to become a Certified Renovator.
- Firms that wish to work in pre-1978 homes and child-occupied facilities must apply to EPA and pay a fee ($300) in order to become certified (renewable every 5 years).
- Certified renovators who have taken our training also meet HUD’s training requirements.
- Requirements for Certificate Award: A course certificate will be awarded to those who successfully complete the course. Attendance of the entire class, demonstrating successful completion of hands-on activities, payment and passing an exam are required.
*These courses do not certify one to do lead abatement and are not intended to provide OSHA compliance training. For those interested, Chem Scope does separately offer lead abatement and/or OSHA lead awareness training