- This event has passed.
8 Hour EPA-RRP Lead Initial Training
December 14th, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$200
- Cost: $200 per student.
- EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP – 40 CFR 745) applies to pre-1978 housing and/or child occupied facilities (child occupied facilities largely refers to nursery schools, kindergartens and day cares).
- RRP renovations, conducted for compensation, must be performed by Certified Firms using Certified Renovators and lead-safe work practices. Firms may begin applying for certification prior to taking the training. Accredited training is required for one to become a Certified Renovator.
- RRP certification also meets HUD’s training requirements.
- A refresher course is needed every 5 years to maintain certification.
- Requirements for Certificate Award: A course certificate will be awarded to those who successfully complete the course. Attendance of the entire class, demonstrating successful completion of hands-on activities, payment and passing an exam are required.
*This accreditation for Chem Scope, Inc pertains only to training individuals in states such as CT who do not have EPA Authorized RRP programs, to obtain certification to conduct renovation, repair and painting pursuant to Section 402 of the Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)(15 U.S.C. 2682). These courses do not certify one to do abatement and additional training is needed for OSHA compliance.