Training Class Schedule, Location and Times
Click here for an updated training schedule.
Chem Scope Training Center: 8 Moulthrop Street, North Haven CT 06473
Call 203-865-5605 with questions. (Fax: 203-498-1610)
All Classes start at 8:00 AM unless otherwise noted. See class descriptions for actual times.
About Chem Scope and Training
Chem Scope, Inc. is very proud of its training and training Instructors. Chem Scope, Inc. has over 30 years of expertise in the environmental consulting and training field. We have professional and knowledgeable instructors who are highly skilled and trained. Our main focus with training is with classes in the asbestos and lead paint fields. Chem Scope, Inc. operates a training center located a 8 Moulthrop Street in North Haven CT. We have also taught at many off-site locations throughout Connecticut.
Custom and Off-Site Training: Chem Scope, Inc. provides custom classes for all of the classes we teach. These classes can be taught at Chem Scope, Inc. or at your facility. If the training is done at your facility we would need you to provide a classroom with white or black board, adequate seating and overhead lighting and a hands on area with grounded power outlets which can handle equipment up to 35 amps at one time. We need permission from the CT DPH to teach at an off-site location and they may want to visit the site. CT DPH and EPA accredited courses require 10 day notification before the start of a course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on custom and off-site training.
General Information for the CT DPH Asbestos and Lead Courses
- The training includes the approved classroom training and hands-on course training for each trainee, a training manual which has all the latest EPA, State and OSHA regulations and guidance summarized, access to course handouts online, the examinations, picture identification and training course certificate for those who pass the examinations and attend each complete the required hours of training.
- These courses are approved by CT DPH.
- Classes are given in English. The courses will accommodate 4th grade reading and math skills at a passable level, those who are willing to work consistently pass. We do provide special attention to individuals who need more help. Students must participate in all required hours.
- Time missed (this is discouraged) can be made up within a two-week period at an additional cost of $95 per hour at Chem Scope. Hands-on training will not be made up (in other words if the students miss a portion of the hands-on training for initial classes they will have to drop out of the class).
Lead EPA RRP Training
- (40 CFR 745) As of April 22, 2010, with some exceptions, renovations conducted for compensation in pre-1978 housing or child occupied facilities must be performed by Certified Firms using Certified Renovators. To become a Certified Renovator requires taking a one day RRP class from an EPA accredited training provider such as Chem Scope Inc. Classes are at 8 Moulthrop St, North Haven CT.
- Watch Chem Scope’s short video on EPA’s Lead RRP Rule here
- April 20, 2010 – NBC 30 Visits Chem Scope’s Training Center to cover the EPA RRP Rule – See the News Story!
Register for Training